The Commission is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based upon race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation; genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or applicable local law.
Once you have created an account and applied for a vacancy on the SCC Career Center, the following steps are followed:
- The Division of Human Resources reviews all applications to ensure compliance with the minimum qualifications of the vacancy.
- An email is sent to all applicants acknowledging receipt of their application. Note: If this email is not received within 5 business days, please verify the email address in your account so that you can receive future emails.
- Throughout the process, you may review your application status in your account.
- On the close date, all qualified applications are sent to the hiring manager for further review.
- The recruitment process typically takes six weeks from the close date to complete.
In compliance with Commission policy, the Division of Human Resources does not retain applications for future position vacancies. If you see another vacancy for which you feel you are qualified, you must apply online to be considered for that specific vacancy.