COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
The State Corporation Commission’s regular business hours are from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Certain state and federal holidays are observed. Check our scheduled closings for more information. Postal addresses for specific divisions can be found under Commission Addresses.
For general information - aside from business entity filings with the Clerk - please call 804-371-9967 or 1-800-552-7945, or email us at email@example.com.
Clerk of the Commission (BUSINESS INFORMATION & FILING OFFICE)
The Office of the Clerk is the central filing office for businesses in Virginia, including corporations, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and business trusts, as well as for UCC financing statements. The clerk’s office is also the official custodian of the judicial and administrative records of the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Contact Center
- 804-371-9733 or 1-866-722-2551, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Court Services
- Case Information: 804-371-9838
- Court Reporters/Transcripts/Case Calendar: 804-371-9739 or 804-371-9946
Financial Institutions (Bureau of)
Administration and Licensing, Depository Supervision, Non-Depository Supervision and general information for state-chartered financial institutions.
- Main Office: 804-371-9657
- Commissioner: 804-371-9659
- Email: email@example.com
Health Benefit Exchange
Virginia is transitioning from a Federally-facilitated Exchange to a State-based Exchange on the Federal Platform for Plan Years 2021 and 2022. The Virginia Health Benefit Exchange will ultimately transition to a full State-based Exchange by Plan Year 2023.
- Main Office: 804-371-1532
- Toll-free: 1-833-740-1364
- Email: ExchangeDivision@scc.virginia.gov
Insurance (Bureau of)
Agent Regulation, Financial Regulation, Life & Health, Policy & Compliance, and Property & Casualty information.
- Main Office: 804-371-9741
- Toll-free: 1-877-310-6560
- Commissioner: 804-371-9694
- Email: BureauofInsurance@scc.virginia.gov
Public Utility Regulation
Electric, Gas, Water and Sewer, Telecommunications companies under the SCC's jurisdiction.
- Public Utility Regulation Division: 804-371-9611, UtilityReg@scc.virginia.gov
- Public Service Taxation: 804-371-9679, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utility Accounting and Finance: 804-371-9950, email@example.com
- Utility and Railroad Safety: 804-371-9980, firstname.lastname@example.org
Securities & Retail Franchising
Regulation of securities, broker-dealers, broker-dealer agents, investment advisers and their representatives; registration of franchises and trademarks in Virginia
- Main Office: 804-371-9051, SRF_General@scc.virginia.gov
- Chief Administrative Officer: 804-371-9530
- Human Resources: 804-371-9000
- Commission Comptroller/Administrative Services: 804-371-9012
- Information Resources: 804-371-9141
- Information Security: 804-371-1559
- Information Technology: 804-371-9518
- Internal Audit: 804-371-9362
- General Counsel's Office: 804-371-9671
- Hearing Examiners Office: 804-371-9876
- Information Resources Division: 804-371-9141, email@example.com
- Commissioners' Office: 804-371-9608
- Counsel to the Commission: 804-371-9608