HBE User FeeInsurance carriers participating in the Virginia Health Benefit Exchange (HBE) are required to pay a monthly HBE User Fee to the Virginia Health Benefit Exchange.
Verify that you are paying an HBE User Fee invoice before submitting payment. Appointment Billing invoices may also appear in the portal.
Retrieving Invoice and Submitting Payment
- Log into the Company Appointment Billing and HBE User Fee Web Portal using your company’s NAIC # and PIN #.
- If you do not know your company’s PIN, click “Need PIN?” and the PIN contact name and phone number displays.
- If your PIN contact is no longer with the company, you may email BOIPIN@scc.virginia.gov to establish a new PIN contact.
- Once you’ve entered the portal, look for an OPEN invoice status.
- If there is an open invoice status, click on the “Pay Online” link and follow the payment instructions.
- Paying online is the preferred method of payment.
- If you are unable to pay online, you can submit a check. Your check must include a copy of the invoice. You can print a copy of your invoice by clicking on “Pay by Check”.
Email us at HBEUserFee@scc.virginia.gov or call us at 804-371-1532 with any questions regarding the payment of the HBE User Fee invoices.