The 2007 General Assembly passed legislation (Senate Bill 1416 and House Bill 3068) re-establishing retail rate regulation for most of the electricity customers in the Commonwealth.
Electricity customers with annual demands greater than five megawatts have the option to shop for competitive electricity supply.
The 2007 legislation continued the policy to allow retail customers of Virginia’s two largest gas companies, Columbia Gas and Washington Gas Light, to select other companies to provide their gas supply service.
For Your Information...
- How Electric Rates are Set in Virginia
- SCC Approval of Electric Generation Facilities
- How the SCC Makes Decisions in Transmission Line Cases
- Tips for Public Witnesses
Virginia's Conservation Efforts
Virginia Energy Sense - Your resource for information to help you reduce your energy consumption and save money through energy efficiency.
- The Virginia Electric Utility Regulation Act
- Related Links