Affordable Care ActThis page contains some important information for consumers related to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, (PPACA) (Public Law. No. 111-148) or the "Affordable Care Act” or “ACA”.
- Commonwealth Health Reinsurance Program Public Forum
- Essential Health Benefits Benchmark Plan
- Reinsurance- Virginia's Section 1332 State Innovation Waiver
- Bureau of Insurance Statement Regarding the Extension of Individual and Group Health Insurance Plans (11/19/2014)
- Bureau of Insurance Statement Concerning Policy Renewals and Discontinuances (10/02/2014)
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) website on Health Care Reform
- FEMA Special Enrollment Period – See if you qualify
- HealthCare.gov Plan Finder
- HealthCare.gov Rate Review
- Key Features of the Affordable Care Act Provisions
- Information on Essential Health Benefits (EHB) Benchmark Plans
- Search Public Filings to find and review all ACA-related submissions submitted to the Bureau since June 10, 2010 and make public comments regarding health insurance premium rates.
- Find a basic profile of your insurance company and information about Medical Loss Ratios (MLR)
- Medical Loss Ratio Adjustment - Communication to Companies and Interested Parties
As with all your insurance questions, we encourage you to contact us if you have any questions about the Affordable Care Act.