COVID-19 Procedures: All business with the Commission should be through electronic filing systems, email, or by telephone. For public health safety, in-person visits to SCC offices are suspended. Filings or other deliveries are permitted by drop off at main entrance. On-site staff is minimal and processing of such deliveries may be delayed.
SCC Takes Step to Ensure Uninterrupted Delivery of Utility Services During National COVID-19 Health Emergency
MAR 23, 2020
RICHMOND — The State Corporation Commission (SCC) has certified providers in the electric, gas, water, and sewer industries in Virginia as critical infrastructure industry workers during the coronavirus national health emergency. The designation ensures continued operations of critical services to all customers – residential, business and government.
The Commission’s order means that utility service providers and their workers receive priority status to obtain resources necessary to continue uninterrupted delivery of vital services to Virginians. It also means these utilities should take all necessary steps to identify and protect essential workers needed to operate resiliently during the COVID-19 pandemic response.
The designation is effective until further orders of the Commission.
SCC Orders (to date) related to COVID-19 emergency:
- PUR-2020-00052 – Critical Infrastructure Designation for Utilities (3/23/2020)
- PUR-2020-00048 – Suspending Disconnection of Utility Service (3/16/2020)
- SEC-2020-00018 – Extension of Trademark & Service Mark Renewal Deadlines (3/17/2020)
- SEC-2020-00017 – Extension of Franchise Renewal Deadlines (3/17/2020)
- CLK-2020-00004 – Electronic Service of Commission Orders (03/19/2020)
- CLK-2020-00005 – Revised Operating Procedures During COVID-19 Emergency (3/19/2020)
JAN 05, 2021
Navarro Takes Oath of Office; Becomes 37th SCC Commissioner
JUL 06, 2020
Hudson Takes Oath of Office July 6; Becomes 36th SCC Commissioner
MAR 27, 2020
SCC’s Bureau of Insurance Offers Information for Virginia Residents Who Have Recently Lost Their Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance
MAR 19, 2020
SCC Makes Temporary Changes to Normal Business Operations During COVID-19 Health Emergency
MAR 11, 2020
SCC’s Bureau of Insurance Encourages Virginians to Know What Their Insurance Covers for Coronavirus Testing and Treatment
MAR 03, 2020