File a Complaint Online
Please use our
Consumer Complaint Portal*
to submit your complaint. (We encourage you to review the Frequently Asked Questions before you begin.)
*NOTE TO HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: If you are submitting
a complaint on behalf of a particular patient, you must obtain the insured's authorization
in order for our office to contact the insurance company on his or her behalf. If
you are experiencing problems with an insurance company which are more general in
nature, or which involve a number of patients and/or claims, please call our office
before submitting the complaint.
When you submit a complaint, please be sure to provide us with the information listed
below. This will allow us to handle your complaint much quicker.
- Your name, address, and the name of the insured person (if different)
- The name and address of the insurance company and/or the agent/agency
- Policy or group certificate number, if applicable
- Claim number and date of injury or loss
- Type of insurance
- A detailed explanation of your problem (i.e. what happened, who was involved, and
why you think the company or agent is wrong)
- How you tried to resolve the problem
- What you think the company or agent should do (pay a claim, make a refund, etc.)
to resolve your problem
To thoroughly review your concerns, we ask that you provide as much detail as possible
when you submit your complaint. Please attach
copies of all supporting documentation to the completed complaint form. Be sure
to keep your original documents for your records.
If you wish to discuss your complaint or receive assistance on how to file a complaint,
you can call our toll-free number, 1-877-310-6560, or contact the section directly.
You may reach our Life and Health Consumer Services Section at (804) 371-9691 or
the Property and Casualty Consumer Services Section at (804) 371-9185.