Welcome to the Division of Communications website. The Division of Communications assists the SCC's three commissioners in
oversight of Virginia’s telecommunications industry.
The Division of Communications’ responsibilities include:
- fostering a competitive telecommunications market;
- investigating and working to resolve complaints and inquiries from consumers about communications service;
- reviewing rates and costs, and enforcing general regulations and service standards.
The Division of Communications does not have regulatory jurisdiction over the following:
- interstate long distance telecommunications services
- cable or satellite television services
- Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) or any other Internet services
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) or any other Internet services
Check our Resources link for helpful information regarding these services.