New to Review!
- The Bureau of Insurance is pleased to announce that Virginia Insurance licensure exams are now available at over 120 Pearson VUE test centers on military installations across the globe for Service members, dependents, and contractors with authorized base access. Active military personnel and their families can both take advantage of this service. Visit www.home.pearsonvue.com/military and select Virginia Insurance from the Insurance program category to locate a Pearson VUE authorized testing center.
- Virginia Surplus Lines Broker, Consultant and Viatical Settlement Broker licenses must be renewed prior to July 1, 2015, regardless of when the license was issued. Non-renewed licenses terminate June 30, 2015. All other Virginia licenses are perpetual. Visit www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pro/renew.aspx for online renewal.
- Managing General Agent licenses renew on a biennial basis. Failure to renew at the appropriate time will result in termination of your Managing General Agent license. Visit www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/online.aspx for online renewal of licenses that expire on June 30, 2015
- For Navigators
Pursuant to Virginia Code § 38.2-3457, on or after September 1, 2014, no individual or entity shall act as a navigator in the Commonwealth unless such individual or entity has been certified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and registered with the Commission. Visit www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pro/navg.aspx to apply for registration.
- ACA Rate & Form Filing Information
- Certified Reinsurer Applications – The Commission is posting notices of applications
for certified reinsurers in the Commonwealth of Virginia and inviting members of
the public to respond to the application. Information regarding comments on applications
of certified reinsurers is available at www.scc.virginia.gov/cons/rein