New to Review!
- Virginia Surplus Lines Broker, Consultant and Viatical Settlement Broker licenses must be renewed prior to July 1. Non-renewed licenses terminate June 30. All other Virginia licenses are perpetual. Visit www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pro/renew.aspx to complete the online renewal process.
- RESA/Title Settlement Agent Registration must be renewed by June 30, 2016. Failure to renew will result in termination of your RESA/Title Settlement Agent Registration. Online renewal is now open. Review non-resident renewal instructions at: www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pro/resa/RESANonResRenew.pdf.
- Managing General Agent licenses renew on a biennial basis. Failure to renew at the appropriate time will result in termination of your Managing General Agent license. Online renewal is now open for licenses that expire on June 30, 2016.
- ALL VIATICAL SETTLEMENT BROKERS As required by Virginia Code, a Viatical Settlement Broker shall within 60 days of licensure and annually thereafter by March 1 of each year certify to the Commission implementation of anti-fraud initiatives reasonably calculated to detect, prosecute, and prevent fraudulent viatical settlement acts. Review a copy of Virginia Code § 38.2-6011 E at http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/38.2-6011/.
Visit www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pro/formapp.aspx to download and properly complete the Annual Certification of Anti-Fraud Initiatives Form. Email completed certifications and any questions concerning your compliance status to VSBAnti-FraudPlan@scc.virginia.gov.
- ACA Rate & Form Filing Information
- Certified Reinsurer Applications – The Commission is posting notices of applications
for certified reinsurers in the Commonwealth of Virginia and inviting members of
the public to respond to the application. Information regarding comments on applications
of certified reinsurers is available at www.scc.virginia.gov/cons/rein